Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Next in Line

The Aunt Gracie's quilt top is done as of tonight. that makes 4 ready to be quilted. Ugh!! I know what I will be doing over this long 4 day weekend besides eating Turkey.
Another of the BQ settings gives these quilt blocks a new look and really helps to enlarge the quilt quickly without having to make alot more blocks for a bed quilt. This quilt is next in line and is from my Aunt Gracies block swap it is for my granddaughter Lily. Back in the summer of this year we at the Quilts of Valor decided it would be fun to exchange blocks amongst ourselves. These are 12 of the 15 blocks that I recieved. I hope to use the last three for a pillow sham!! Maybe not in time for the Christmas quilts but it certainly is an idea!!! All the blocks are now sewn together and just needing to have some borders added which I will be taking a little excursion to the fabric store to get tonight . Here is a picture of the blocks as I had them on the design board. I have made a few changes to the finished top, but you will have to wait till I get the borders on to see what those changes are going to be. Did I mention I am pretty tired of this venture yet?????

No comments: