Thursday, January 29, 2009

FLAMINGO SISTERS




NEW PICTURES OF FINISHED QUILT







This quilt is called Three Sisters It is a joint effort by my older sister Ann and myself for our younger sister Kathy, who lives in Florida. Kathy is the middle Flamingo, Ann is on the left and I am on the right. Ann made the pieced flamingo blocks and sent them to me and I made the center applique and quilted it. In the next few weeks I will be taking a trip to Florida and bring the quilt to Kathy. It was supposed to be for her 5oth birthday in 2007. Well it is a little late, but I am sure she will be glad to get it anytime it is finished. I am posting a picture even though the last bit of embellishment is not yet finished and the binding is not on it yet. So here it is in it's almost finished state.

3 comments:

Judy Heyward said...

Too cool, Jeanne. I know Kathy is going to love it--

Corky said...

Very cute. I love flamingos!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the star of Bethlehem quilt. And those flamingos.... just sing. Lovely.