Monday, February 24, 2014

2014 Quilt Show Entry

I have been working on this quilt over the last 2 years starting in October of 2012 at the Quilters of South Carolina fall retreat.  I took a class with Priscilla Hair which used variations of the flying geese quilt block. I wanted to use my animal print fabrics that I have collected over the past few years and a center panel of giraffes.  I got a bunch of the blocks made and played with them on my design board until May of the next year where I put together the top less the outside borders.  In 2013 I brought the top back to Quilters of SC fall retreat where I took a class with Dee Doebler called Reflections.  I again brought my animal print fabrics and worked with them to make 9 ying yang looking blocks. Then this past January I went to our guilds Beach Retreat at Camp St. Christoper and I made another 19 blocks and added these to outside of the quilt as a final border.  So here is my 2 year effort at my 2014 quilt show entry that I call "Reflections in the Wild"

2 comments:

Margo said...

That is amazing! You sure know what to do with a panel! I'm always at loss, really! I just LOVE what you did with the color----the orange? That is awesome, you are very good. Very cool border; very cool quilt!

Maya said...

Used Cars, Used Laptops , Apartment for rent, Used mobile phone,business services ,coaching centers, Community issues, Matrimonial,Jobs ,Local events,Used household items for sale Used Motorcycle ,Used Desktops,list your business,
ride share needed,Bride wanted,Jobs in New York
Used Bikes , Used Digital Camera, apartment for share,Used Tablets , list in business pages, private coaching, Used Camcorder,used Scooter,,roommate wanted , Used iPhone,hobby classes,Used Commercial vehicle ,Used Lens,house for sale ,Used Samsung,yellow pages,
Towing services,used Sony, Paying guest,wedding planners, Used Items for sale