Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Path Less Traveled



This quilt was made at a guild class with Betty Kiser, who visited us about 4 or 5 years ago. It is a variation of the Drunkards path called The Path Less traveled. She sold templates which made it a very fun and easy quilt to make. I used tone on tone fabrics for the background and fat quarters from a moda collection that were all purchased at PPQ in a paint can, enough for a quilt. I think they were challenge fabrics. Once my drunkards path made to my quilt studio and fell asleep it had a very, very long hang-over, until I found this wonderful brown border fabric to wake it back up! I have been practicing on my long arm to do custom type quilting. It was a lot of fun but took me about a month to finish quilting it. I love how it looks on the back almost as much as the front as you can see the quilting designs better. July 9, 2009

1 comment:

Ruh-u meyyit said...

What a nice quilt.Greetings from Turkey.Have a nice day.