Sunday, September 28, 2008

FINISHED WILLEY FARMS



Well, not too much time to spare Irene comes on Weds. and I finished quilting this today, Sunday. Now I will have to get the binding done and it will be ready for her to take back to Florida with her. One more UFO's finished and the beat goes on!!!
Today was an especially great day for me as I spent time with my oldest grandson Brody and taught him how to sew today. He is 8 and 1/2 and was so excited that when he asked me when I was going to teach him to sew I said when you are 8 1/2. But Gramma, he said I am already 8 1/2!! Well, I said then I guess we better get started. I had him arrange some 1 1/2 inch squares on the cutting board and then showed him how to put them under the pressure foot and chain stitch them together. He learned very quickly and had a quilt about 6 x 8 inches in no time. He then picked out 4 different strips for borders and sewed them on. He found a piece of racecar fabric for a backing and using the walking foot he quilted what he called a tic tack toe design on it. I folded over the backing to make a little binding and sewed it down as we were running out of time. I am sorry to say in the rush to finish before the little ones woke up from a nap, I forgot to take pictures. Hopefully, He won't lose it before I see him again in 2 weeks and maybe he will bring it back for a picture. He was really just too cute about the whole project.

No comments: