Thursday, July 17, 2008

HOW I KNOW RAMEY REEVES




Many local Charleston people may have read in last weeks paper about the girl that died of a brain tumor after her second surgery, and the amazing story of her faith in the Lord. I have included a link to the website that was set up only a little over a month ago on her behalf. The reason for the website was to keep all of her many friends and family updated on what was happening with Ramey. In less than 6 weeks this page has had overy 100,000 hits on it and has collected more than $15,000.oo toward expenses related to her illness.


I have had the priviledge of knowing Ramey since the year 2000 when we attended the same church. When I first heard of Ramey's brain tumor I started to think about what I could do to help my friend. The Lord put it on my heart to make Ramey a quilt that she could take with her and have at the hospital during her surgery and recovery. I thought about what Ramey loved the most and of course that was to sing praises to her Lord. So I decided to make her a quilt that would keep Jesus close to her at all times. I embroidered Jesus's face at the top of the cross and then a song which she always sang " Jesus Be the Center" , then angels to the right and baby Jesus to the left, next down the center is John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whomsoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Below that verse on the bottom of the cross is the veiled cross.
This past saturday was Ramey's memorial service at James Island Christian Church, it was the most awesome service I have ever attended. Ramey has passed from this earthly journey into her everlasting life with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and has recieved her treasures in Heaven. Thank You all for reading and May God richly bless each and everyone who reads about Ramey's Life for Jesus!!

3 comments:

Sean said...

Hey Jeanne,

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your prayers and support of Ramey during her journey. She was so proud of that quilt you made for her. I know it brought her much joy and comfort. Grace & Peace!

Sean Nelson

Judy Heyward said...

Jeanne--I thought I had your email address-but I seem to have misplaced it. I thought you might like to check out this email address for possible future reference:http://sacredthreadsquilts.com/

Kat Seay said...

Hello! I do not know you, but I was with Ramey on many occassions as she lay beneath the beautiful quilt you made her. I am Kat--one of her close friends from VA. I was thinking of Rame today--wearing her jean jacket, walking outside in the cool crisp autumn air, looking at God's beautiful creation changing color before my eyes--thinking about how last fall she was here with me--walking through the fallen leaves, kicking them around, talking, laughing--everything was fine. I am sad today, but I praise God because He is good to bring me to your site and remind me of the big picture. Thanks for making that quilt. She really loved it and bragged about it often. :) Be Blessed.

Kat4Love